ODEs for Engineers: Prep Session Tuesday Night
McGill MATH 263 Ordinary Differential Equations for Engineers students come join us Tuesday night for a systematic and comprehensive review of the material that will be covered on your second quiz. Full details below. Register at this link or under the MATH 263 tab, above.
- Quiz 2 Prep:
- Theory: Abel’s Theorem & the Wronskian. Second-Order, Linear ODEs (Fundamental Sets of Solutions; General Solutions).
- Homogenous Equations: Constant Coefficients with Distinct, Complex and Repeated Roots); Reduction of Order.
- Non-Homogenous Equations: Undetermined Coefficients & Variation of Parameters.
- Higher-Order Equations (same content as for second-order ODEs)
- Series Solutions (& basic manipulation of power series).
The session will run Tuesday evening October 28th, 2014 from 8:30-11pm and will place an emphasis on solving problems and applying the theory. The cost will be $50 for the 2.5h, including notes. RSVP here.
First Timer’s Discount!
If this is your first time attending one of our sessions, save 40% on the quiz prep session and only pay $30.