Linear Algebra & Geometry Midterm Prep Session this Monday, October 6th from 4:30-6:30pm in room M3-37A on the third floor of McLennan Library. RSVP using the registration form on the MATH 133 page. Amongst other things, we’ll cover:
- Systems of Linear Equations: solving systems and correctly interpreting the result; working with and moving between different notations.
- Matrix Algebra: definitions and advanced problems from past midterms and finals.
- Row Reduction: learn to find RREF without having fractions everywhere!
- Elementary Matrices: definitions and relationship to the inverse of a matrix.
- Determinants & Inverses of Matrices: direct application and solving of problems.
The session will be $40 and include notes and practice problems and will definitely help clarify common points of (major) confusion! Some feedback from past students:
I just wanted to say thank you again for all your help this semester. I ended up getting an A on the final, which is the best I’ve done in any math course yet. I found the exam really tough, but really understanding the concepts as you taught us instead of just trying to memorize procedures for solving problems really helped me out a lot!
– Aaron Rock MATH 133 Linear Algebra & Geometry Winter 2014
I’d just like to let you know that I got 100% on my linear algebra MATH 123 final, and got 100% in the course. I really appreciate your help, I couldn’t have done it without your sessions.
– Trevor Thorburn MATH 123 Linear Algebra & Probability Winter 2014
Thanks so much for everything. You are an excellent teacher and I would not have passed without you!
– Erica Vandersteen MATH 133 Linear Algebra & Geometry, Winter 2014